Half Way Through Treatment

Our darling mom is feeling relatively good after the end of week three. Bravo!

She's been a little more tired from the radiation and chemo which is to be expected but overall she has been tolerating this phase of treatment well. She's had a bit of energy to putz around the house and in the backyard doing little things here and there. Then she enjoys a little break.

We had a good visit with mom's chemo oncologist on Thursday. Her numbers are good and we are feeling confident moving forward. We were advised on medication dosages to help keep gout symptoms at bay. This was a huge relief to mom as she experienced a flare up early last week. 

Mom has been loving all the special treatment these last few weeks! Under "normal" conditions, being chauffeured around town, wheeled around for quick appointments and having a personal chef and assistant would be considered a dream come true. We are definitely finding the sweet with bitter. 

We went on an special outing to the Boise Towne Square for Jenn's 50th. It was Williams-Sonoma and See's Candies that induced us. The nice thing was there were hardly any people there. It was actually quite peaceful. The mall security provided a wheelchair for us which made getting around a breeze. We split a takeout meal from Jakers and called it a day. We're still being cautious of larger crowds and masking up as a precaution when we go to the hospital. 

Ended the week with a relaxing pedicure from Creative Nail Spa. For anyone local, they're a great salon! 

We have been looking forward to Holy Week and the beautiful Easter season. Wishing you all a lovely Palm Sunday and very blessed Easter!

Comments

  1. Hi Jenn, I love this idea. Your post is so informative and well-written. I am so proud of Patricia and you and all of your family. Boyd and I love you all so much. Continued love and prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing pics of your mom and her beautiful smile. Your bday sounded fun. Go Patricia! Week 3 in the bag!! No small feat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great way to communicate for Mom! I love this. Thank you Jen for putting so much time and love into this. You and Hollie have been so dedicated to Mom. I'm inspired every day to take this day to day and to take in every little miracle. ✨️
    Hugs.
    Love you Mom!! We can do hard things. I'm eternally proud to be your daughter. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Obituary for Patricia Dianne Barwick

A Glorious Star, A Humble Manger and Two Adoring Hens